Sewing Angels Make the Most of Lockdown.
Just six months after the Alexandra Hospice Shop opened in December 2015, the Alexandra Sewing Angels created their first collection of Sewing Angel products, made and created by the shop volunteer and first Sewing Angel Jo Davidson.
This amazing team recycles and re-purposes a variety of damaged things (merino clothing, old blankets, T-Shirts and other things that would not sell in the shop). They create a fantastic range of products (some of which can be seen in the photos below):
· Booties & Hats knitted
· Socks knitted (up to year 1)
· Recycled Merinos – Beanies, Singlets, Wrist-Warmers, Single layer beanies for summer, snoods
· Dog Toys made out of recycled t-shirts
· T-shirt bags for our customer
· Pillow Cases bags for our customers
· Bags made of recycled wool blankets
· Coats now made by Rosey (before by Jo Davidson)
· Victorian Denim Bustle Dress – made for Trashion Show, now used as promotional tool. On request can be hired.
· Headbands knitted
· Absorbent material made into cleaning rags to supply Workshops locally
A special "Thank You" to: Maureen McKewen, Annette Rutter, Linda Goding, Jo Davidson, Rosey Gee, Vicki Keen, Kelli Narbey, Shirley Congalton, JoAnn Ireland & Shona Bain
On 12th March 2020 Hospices Vogel St Superstore opened its doors to hundreds of keen shoppers.
Fundraising volunteer Russell Garbutt did the honours and launched the good ship Alexandra Hospice Shop on Monday 30th N...