Home Support Us Fundraising

Otago Community Hospice is a free-of-charge community service because of the generosity of people just like you. We support around 250 Otago people in need of palliative care at any given time, with more than 760 patients cared for each year. The Hospice receives around 56% of its funding from the Government and the remaining 44% is raised in the community.

With a target of $2.7 million, that equates to fundraising $7400 every day.

We are always refining our services so we can do more with less, however our region’s footprint is large and our community’s needs are increasingly complex. We rely heavily on individuals, community groups and businesses supporting us, so we can support and empower people, and their families/whānau, who are dying in Otago to live well and die well.

There are many other ways you can support us, for example volunteering or organising a fundraising event. We are always here to discuss ways in which you can help. Please call us on 03 473 6005 if you want to find out more about supporting the Hospice.

Otago Community Hospice is a registered charity. Charity No. CC20590