Annual Street Appeal 2023

Friday March 3, 2023
Home Support Us Upcoming Events Annual Street Appeal 2023

After a couple of disruptive years, due to covid, we are really excited to be able to hold our Annual Street Appeal this year.

On Friday 3rd March our fabulous crew of volunteers will line the streets of Otago shaking buckets and collecting donations. With a fundraising target of $3million for 2023, we are relying our wonderful community to support this appeal. All money donated in Otago stays in Otago and supports Otago people who are faced with terminal illness. 

Otago Community Hospice is a free-community service.
We support around 250 Otago people in need of palliative care at any given time, with more than 820 patients cared for each year.

The Hospice receives around 56% of its funding from the Government and the remaining 44% is raised in the community. Our fundraising target this financial year is $3 million, which is $58,000  every week. This target has gone up by $500,000 in the last 12 months.

Please help us reach this hefty target by donating to one of our friendly volunteers on Friday 3rd March. Every little bit helps!

Thank you.